Economically the option of wind power import is interesting even when new transport capacity is included.
table shows cost calculations for the selected regions.
- The underlying assumptions for the transport system and the wind parks can be found in the lower table.
As an example I now want to focus on Southern Morocco.
- The mean potential production is 3400 FLH.
- The costs within the region is 3 €c/kWh.
transfer the power to Kassel the length of a HVDC line would be 4400 km with 40m km sea cable.
- The total costs in Kassel are calculated to be 4.5
- Thereof 0.5 €c/kWh are due to the losses of 10%.
But not only the low population density and the low costs of imported wind power are
The temporal behaviour of the power production changes with the size of the catchment area and with the different kinds of climate